Home / International Partnerships Advisor - Paid position Brussels office
International Partnerships Advisor - Paid position Brussels office
We are looking for an engaged International Partnerships Advisor (Fulltime, with an initial contract for 6 months) m/v/x
You will work within the partnerships and international profiling team, and in close collaboration with our regional and country offices.The position holder will play a pivotal support role to support the international fundraising process, both at institutional and regional level. You will ensure competent writing of concepts, proposals, capacity statements, and other write ups as required for fund development; scope for and evaluate new opportunities including calls for proposals and Expression of Interest, reporting on current and potential opportunities.
1) International fundraising
- Supports the fundraising team and the regional offices with the creation and implementation of both the institutional and regional fundraising action plan
- Identifies and track relevant upcoming funding opportunities of targeted donors through advance intelligence gathering, partner relationships, and other available resources
- Represents Trias’ international partnerships interests at relevant meetings, events, and within resource mobilization or donor-specific peer networks
2) Proposal development
- Analyses and summarizes the content and requirements of Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Expressions of Interest (EOI) and other solicitation documents
- Advises the programme teams to plan and develop unsolicited proposals and responses to RFPs, RFQs and EOIs including researching, writing, editing and design of final product;
- Writes and edits proposals for readability, consistency and appropriate tone describing Trias capabilities, management approach and/or past performance;
- Collaborates with technical Advisors, Program Managers, and other technical teams to develop and write technical and management content for responses in line with proposal requests;
- Edits and proofreads proposal documents and other related materials to ensure accuracy, clarity, readability, consistency with Trias’ Strategy;
3) Management of the Proposal- and Report development Process
- Keeps an overview of proposal deadlines, and support the team to meet these deadlines - by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval;
- Maintains database system and filing system (electronic and paper-based) for proposal tracking of wins/losses, type, including RFP’s, proposal submissions and presentations
- Maintains up-to-date files to supplement proposal writing process (staff CVs, project- and partner descriptions, country- and regional strategies, capacity statements, Theory of Change strategy, donor trends, potential partners, etc);
- Follows up on unsuccessful proposals to develop recommendations for improving success rate;
- Performs other duties as assigned
- First Degree in a relevant discipline. Master’s degree an added advantage, or equivalent practical experience in related field or at least five years’ work experience in writing environment
- Demonstrable experience developing new business in resource mobilization and working with multi and bilateral donor funded grants/contracts and other fund sources.
- Understanding of multiple donor policies and procedures such as USAID, EU, US Foundations; and international development Agencies
- Advanced professional and business writing and editing skills
- Fluent in English and French. Advanced writing skills in Spanish, and good understanding of Dutch are an asset
- Strong organizational skills that demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to work collegially under strict deadlines pressure and handle multiple work assignments;
- Ability to learn quickly, demonstrate critical thinking and make situation-appropriate decisions using sound judgment;
- Strong writing and reporting writing skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience in working in a high-paced environment; and
- Proficient computer skills and use of relevant MS Office-software and other applications (e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet).
- You endorse our core values of commitment, respect and act as we (=cooperation/collegiality)
- You are a competent researcher and have strong analytical skills
- You are a conceptual thinker
- You have good interpersonal / communication skills
- You are pro-active and result-oriented
- You have proven team and coordination skills
- A dynamic, international working environment within an ambitious organization.
- A compensation package fitting the function and experience, with attractive fringe benefits
- A gross monthly salary of at least €3015 euros from minimum 1 year of relevant experience (functional category 4)
- Contract for a fixed term of 6 months, possibly followed by a contract for an indefinite period. Modalities are to be discussed.
- Ideally, you work at the headquarters in Brussels, which is well served by public transport, but home-based can be discussed.
Are you interested in this vacancy? Please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not forget to include two recent references with their contact details.
For more information on this vacancy please contact email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 22 February 2019. A written test or a personality test is part of the procedure.
Qualities of people are our main criterium of recruitment, regardless of their gender, ethnicity, age, social background or disability.