Home / Trilingual translator m/f/x (0,5 VTE, indefinite contract)
Trilingual translator m/f/x (0,5 VTE, indefinite contract)
Our current translator is leaving Trias, so we are looking for an equally skilled and motivated new colleague. As a translator, you work with English, Dutch, French and Spanish. Your mother tongue is one of these languages. You will mainly contribute to the availability of important information and communication instruments in the main working languages of our staff, in order to increase the efficiency of our internal/external communication and information management. For this purpose you also work with and coordinate a pool of motivated volunteer translators. You further play a role in strengthening the quality of internal communication in Trias.
You are part of the Quality & Resources Department, which is responsible for- amongst others - the internal communication processes. You work in the Quality team that is composed of a coordinator Quality and the translator. The other functions in the QRD department are Finance, HR and logistics, together around 8,5 vte. As a translator you work in support of both QRD and the Programmes & Partnerships Department at the Head Office, as well as for our Regional offices.
Main responsibilities and tasks
You will be responsible for:
- The translation of internal or external communication documents, from English to French and Spanish (and to a lesser extent, the other way around). English is the main working language of Trias, so most of the original documents are made in English. These documents may include policy documents, information letters, instructions or guidelines, policies, manuals, website articles,..
- Quality check of these documents for correct English. Quality check of documents in French or Spanish is also included.
- The further development of a Trias glossary which contains the key concepts and the specific jargon of the development sector and of Trias in English, French, Spanish.
- Contribution to the development of internal (and to a lesser extent external) communication tools and instruments and stimulation of internal information exchange, in support of both the QRD and P&P department.
- Taking minutes and writing the reports of the monthly Management Team meetings.
- Occasional interpretation assignments during visits of representatives from teams and partners from the South can be part of the job.
We are looking for a team player who fits in a participative organisation culture, is a good planner and a flexible person with regard to planning and tasks. The right person has following skills:
- Degree in translation / interpretation – language studies (minimally Bachelor)
- Excellent knowledge of English, French and Spanish. Fluency in Dutch is important. Knowledge of Portuguese is an asset.
- Affinity with the international development sector and its jargon.
- Excellent translation skills.
- Strong skills in written communication. Copy writing skills are an asset.
- Familiar with Outlook and Microsoft Office Programs and translation tools. Knowledge of SharePoint is a plus.
We are looking for following competencies:
- Act as We
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Written communication
- Customer orientation
- Planning & organisation
- Quality orientation
- An interesting function in a dynamic, international context
- Salary: basic salary in category 3, ranging from min. 2503 to max. 4253 Euro gross basic wage per month (amounts full time contract!). Final classification is done based on the number of years relevant experience.
- A comprehensive package of secondary benefits (including hospitalization insurance, home-work travel allowance and pension scheme)
- Half time contract
- Flexible working hours
- Office location in the Head Office in Brussels very close to Metro Arts-Loi, easily accessible with public transport
The first selection interviews with potential candidates will take place between 27 August and 6 September. A practical written test or competency test can be part of the procedure. For more information, you can contact us by sending a mail to email@example.com
How to apply:
Your written application, with motivation letter and CV and the contact details of at least 2 references, is expected by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applying is 18 August 2019.
Qualities of people are important, regardless of their gender, ethnicity, age, social background or disability.